Thursday, May 28, 2015

#ThursdayThoughts: Nostalgia

             
WARNING: This post has no direction or meaning whatsoever and i have no idea why i'm even posting it, but here it is. It's also 2am so I'm tired which means my writing probably sucks, So I hope you don't totally hate this.


            Nostalgia (noun)- a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations. This is something I've been feeling pretty often recently. I recently graduated from eighth grade from the school I've been at since preschool. I've known the majority of people in my grade since we were 5, some of them I've known since we were 2. Even if we never got along or if we never spoke to each other, I'm going to miss them. A lot. I'm not going to miss them in the way that you miss a best friend, but I'm going to miss their presence in my everyday life, as insignificant or small as it may have been. I'm going to new high school, one where I will not know anyone. I'm extremely terrified, and definitely not as excited for high school as you think I would be. Anyways, I the whole reason I'm writing this is because of nostalgia, not because I want to give you guys my life story. I've been looking back at old pictures, watching some of my old favorite movies, and rediscovering some of the things i used to do or play with when i was little. I've watched all three High School Musicals, 2 seasons of Hannah Montana, and listened to some my playlists from 5th and 6th grade. It brought back so many memories. At my graduation, one of my friends made an amazing speech that made me tear up a little. She talked about all of these memories that we all had as a class, and even some that just our individual friend group had. She mentioned class trips, projects, and field days. That's when it really hit me that I will miss every single person sitting around me. I know that i may never see some of these people again, but I also know that I've made some amazing lasting friendships.

           So I think that's about is for this post, and super sorry it was kinda rambling, but that's what Thursday Thoughts are for! It's just me writing down my thoughts :)



                               I love you guys and I will talk to you Monday with a brand new post!
                                                              Bridget 


PS- If you want to follow either of my instagrams, they are @pastelpreppy and @bridget.greer!        

No comments:

Post a Comment